English Speaking guild - Classic

Hello everyone!

I am planning on creating an English guild on one of the PVP servers for TW. I believe there is a horde guild named Wrath being created, so I am going to create an Alliance guild. Name of guild is still TBD.

I have plenty of experience raid leading through Vanilla and also managing a guild as guild leader. I have been in an officer role/capacity in plenty of guilds and know what is needed to run a smooth guild. I am currently in the process of building out spreadsheets for raid comp, loot distribution and progression.

On the AUG 8 classic stress test, my character was Dominion. I am planning on rolling as a holy paladin to raid lead and guarantee a healer slot. My wife will be playing with me and will be a mage.

If you are interested in joining a guild that will be operated in English, please feel free to reach out here so I can add your battle tag once classic is released! We will be rolling on the same server that Wrath does so we can create communities on both factions!

Feel free to drop a line here and continue the conversation! looking forward to hearing from you all.

@Wrath give us a shoutout in this thread so we can share with the community and maybe begin to create some friendly competition :wink:

4 個讚

I am still undecided between picking Alliance or Horde. Preferably I would play on the side with more opportunities for competitive PVP. But it really boils down to where my friends play. Keep us updated on your guild!

Will do! I plan on doing premades once bgs get rolling, but going to focus on establishing the guild for raiding until bgs become available. Mostly going to expect people farming Pre bis and working on professions for the guild. I will be running plenty of Dungeons for holy pal prebis and to try to work on reputation grinding such as quints etc.

I’ll keep this thread alive with updates on the guild, whether it be our discord, website, information on recruiting, etc.

Thanks for replying!

You should post a battle.net group invite here for people who are interested to join your guild prior to launch.

I thought about it!

I will most likely be creating a discord server instead soon. I will post the link here on the forums for anyone to join the server and check it out once it’s up and running. It will most likely have a landing page for all who want to join the server, and then specific channels for guild members that will be locked out from public.

Keep you posted!

Hey guys wondering if you would be interested to play on horde?

Hello Beyondtroll!

I would’ve loved to roll horde with you guys but I am rolling paladin for classic. If you and your friends would like to roll alliance, I think we might be the only english guild on this side of the faction. I am organizing the guild spreadsheets and discord this week so you’re welcome to stop by in chat once that’s up! I’ll post here in this thread with more information in the coming days.

Cheers!

To be honest I really hope all the English speaker would just choose to play on one side. The player population in TW is Thin, and i mean very thin, especially with westerners. I think it is not wise to split up. But i understand you should play what you are comfortable with.

In my opinion the alliance is a more logical choice, because there tend to be more horde already. and since there is only One pvp server this time if the population ratio goes out the window. There wont be much left to hold pvp together and people will just go back to retail to play horde vs horde. I know this because I can read other Chinese post and i know what state the BFA servers are in at the moment and how bad world pvp are in those servers. hell even BG queues are horde vs horde most the time. It is a very delicate and overlooked issue that i just want people to know.

All these are just my education guess so take it with a pinch of salt. and you can argue that i could be wrong. But statistic doesnt lie.

Sure the horde racials are better in pvp, but better players and teamwork trumps better racial any time of the day. Plus it would be nice to not wait in BG queue.

All that being said. If ultimately the majority of people i know are playing as horde, I may well be forced to play horde. But i really wish people could see reasons.

I agree! it would be helpful to have English speakers on one faction to increase the opportunities for groups and events. I can’t speak Chinese properly to communicate, so I am creating an English guild for the sole reason that I want to do end game content with others who are interested. A lot of it is speculation as the server hasn’t opened up yet, but with one PVP server, I’m sure the population will be huge and there can be opportunities to gather more people then.

I definitely will be rolling alliance as I want to play paladin. In regards to pvp, paladins are the strongest healers due to resets and durability, on top of a strong presence in healing with crits giving mana back. I plan to organize premade groups, since I will have a lot of free time as I am an expat teaching in China. This gives me the best ability to put a lot of hours into the game, and since my wife is playing with me, I won’t have to worry about logging off to spend time with her. I am in a sweet spot for vanilla wow!

Regarding organization, I have constructed a spreadsheet that is still WIP. It will have all prebis gear for raiding and I plan to build it out for both Pre DM and post DM BIS.

I also plan on organizing a discord that anyone who speaks English can tune in, with a priority on guild members/raiders utilizing the channels for content.

I hope to hear from more people who are interested in playing! Also, if the horde guild WRATH would consider going alliance, our population would have an impact on the alliance side!

In that case your wife should be the main tank. LOL then you have a solid dual and a solid guild foundation :smiley:

In all my years of playing MMORPG I dont think i have ever seen a female main tank in raid so she certainly would be a first

haha! she doesnt want the pressure. Simple frostbolt spam is her deal. Plus, were planning on aoe farming to 60 for some of the levels. So i can gather with cons and she can frost nova blizzard.

easy grinding!

thanks for the reply, I will discuss with the guys and see how they feel about going alliance. I personally wouldn’t mind too much and if we are ahead of the curve then world PVP would be quite fun especially in phase 2.

how many players have you gathered up? if you have another 6 players then we could have 10 to farm lbrs/ubrs

btw i can speak chinese to communicate with the locals and i have found guilds that are going for server first MC who are willing to take english speakers. i am more than happy to translate and help with communications if you guys are down for that since chances of getting 40 english speakers is rather slim

1 個讚

That would actually be amazing! If we had bilingual members, it would make it easier to cooperate on the server. Right now I think there’s about 15-20 players interested, but that’s without being on the server and advertising in the world itself, so it’s all speculation. I know for sure 10 of the players are guaranteed (real life friends and players that I know on the server). I also have 5-10 people that I met while playing on the stress test on my battle tag.

The best part about going alliance is that battle grounds will be really easy with paladins. it makes it that much easier to create top tier compositions to get quick wins for BR1. I will be dedicating a lot of time in the game so I plan to organize pvp once that phase is out. Will mostly spend my time gathering keys and PREBIS once i hit 60 (UBRS key is killer).

Anyhow, glad to see some interest and looking forward to playing with you guys! I will update this forum this week with the discord link and we can further chat there.

add my battle tag kefuzzles#1583, im not sure if we will be going alliance though. like you said though it is hard enough already to get players so we should definitely have a discussion before launch

Lets host a summit 1 weeks prior to launch. On the 20th, I will make a post both in English and in Chinese for any interested community leader to declare their faction and intention.

The best case scenario would be One united guild under one faction for all players who communicate with English.

Otherwise I hope the worse scenario would at least be one united guild for each faction.
That post also serves as a recruitment banner for all English speakers that will be late to the party. So yes, lets be decisive on the 20th and speak your mind on that day and clear all regret when the game launches.

2 個讚

Further bump for the Discord for < Divine >

https:// discord .gg/rUtw7x

I will continue to update channels and if anyone would like to assist/contribute, I can appreciate the help!

See you there!

come join the discord we are all in it now, discord ID: PAH7EJ

I can’t seem to access the discord. Anyways, can consider posting on the oceanic forums to get people to join wow Taiwan server. I’m sure many sea players playing in oceanic would love to play with lower ping but can’t read or speak a word of Chinese that would be interested. Looking forward to classic!!

https:// discord.gg /PFRxhkJ

Try this!