Attention: To all foreign players in upcoming Classic Server [TW]

Important: Please read carefully if you plan on playing Wow Classic in TW server using English as your main form of communication.

As you may know, Blizzard will release World of Warcraft Classic on Aug, 27 2019 worldwide. You should be excited, except for one issue: you are going to play on a realm in which the vast majority of people will have difficulty communicating with you. For this very reason, I, as well as several other (English-speaking) veterans had been discussing the possibility of uniting most of the English-speaking player base into a single organized group. A group large enough to ensure its viability, versatility, and longevity in progression toward both PVE and PVP content throughout all phases of Classic.

This is a summit that calls forth all potential leaderships and individuals within the English-speaking community that share a similar vision. The goal of this group is to improve all aspect of our gaming experience by creating a larger and more cohesive ecosystem. Whether you plan to play this game alone or only with a handful of your friends, it is always beneficial to have more connection and opportunity within reach.

However, with more people comes more opinion. And more opinion often leads to more complication. And as always, for the greater good, compromise must be made. I understand you as a player may have a particular race/class in mind that you want to play; I understand you may have spent hours into the research of that particular class; and I understand you may have prejudice for a certain faction. I am not here to discourage you from playing what you want to play, but I am here to offer you a perspective of the importance of community.

The population of TW server is not large and that is an understatement. Those of you who experienced Blizzard’s stress test recently know the starting areas, and how “crowded” they were when compared to the US stress test. Add to that is a language barrier, can you imagine? To try and find a group of 40 for raid? To organize PVP premade where you can speak strategy freely? To start a dungeon group on the fly? How about getting an enchanting done with another player, who only types in Chinese? Or even just a chance to make fun of a fellow player without them taking it offensively? A lot of the fun in Classic WOW is in killing your opponent that part is true, but a lot of the fun also comes with player interaction and team building. You need other players in classic to have fun, including players that are your opponents.

Look at it this way, perhaps it is a certain racial ability that drives you to play a certain race. But how important is a single skill with a 2 mins cooldown compares to a larger, more organized team that will back you up when you actually play the game? Are you seriously going to win a BG simply because you have that one racial? Or are you going to win because you have a well organized and well communicated team that supports you? Or perhaps in the past you have played on one faction so you are more familiar with their quest and geography. So how about this time you get to experience the other side of the story, to experience something new, and go to places that you had not visited before? The majority of game content doesn’t change that much regardless of which faction/class/race you choose. But a large amount of these content is related to who you play with. And that is the reason in-game community is one of the most important aspect of Classic WOW, more so than the inherit stats or ability a certain race has.

I hereby call out to all potential leaderships and players who use English as first (or secondary) language to come to an understanding. As resourceful and knowledgeable as you can be about this game, there is now an opportunity for a greater experience for you and your friends. And that is a larger, more centralized player base that you can interact with no language barrier. For this to succeed we must set aside prejudice and roll on the same faction under ONE guild.

Last but not the least the most controversial statement of this post.

If you speak English, or simply wants to use English as primary form of communication within the game. Please play on PVP server 伊弗斯 as Alliance .

As a hardcore PVPer myself, I have played both faction, each with a lv 80. And speaking from personal experience, both sides are equally fun and good. I am not being bias toward either side. The main reason I believe Alliance is a better choice is due to population ratio. It is crystal clear that horde will have more people in general. (I have done enough homework on this matter so please trust me) Whether they will have more good player or bad player does not matter to the equation, because both sides will have perfectly skilled players as well as terribly bad players. Ultimately it is who you choose to play with inside the game that affect your experience.

However, what we want to prevent is one side being overly dominance. This is a delicate, serious, and often overlooked issue, because faction imbalance could trigger a bad cycle of events that result in either players leaving the realm, or rerolling to opposite faction thus causing further faction imbalance. And if this happens without any counter measure by the players (obviously Blizzard did not care about faction imbalance, or they could not do anything about it), it will be catastrophic to any PVP content for both Horde and Alliance. Therefore as a community, we will do what we can to even the odd, to support the underdog as you can call it a more “challenging” game play. We may not completely tip the scale but together we will make a difference. Not to mention we have very talented and hardcore PVP players in this community. Aside from raiding we will run premade battleground to steamroll our enemies where the number will be equal. We will also take on world PVP before BGs are released. We will kill, we will camp, we will be obnoxious, we will be very toxic, and we will have fun. Most importantly, we need you to join us.

This decision is not easily made. It was time spent on research and communication. I must stress this again, currently there is only one PVP realm on TW client. There is no promise that Blizzard will add new servers for Classic. It is up to us to maintain the integrity and balancing of this server. To make world PVP and BG an exciting playground instead of a mindless Zerg feast or an unending queue timer. And lastly, less alliance means more horde enemy for you to slay! Agree or disagree, it is here. Classic is here and I hope we can all have fun together.

==================================================================

To Leaders of “Wraith”, I understand your guild has an arrangement to start on the Horde. I plead that the guild can establish on the Alliance instead. I am certain “Wraith” can be kept as the guild name and core members of the guild shall retain their privileges. In exchange, all English-speaking players will be eager to join the guild. I truly believe this is the most optimal solution for all players. We await your swift respond.

==================================================================

For those that are new to the conversation. If you are planning to start Classic WOW on TW server. Please join our English community, as well as the Alliance . If you are not a foreign player but you wish to play with us using English as a mean of communication, we also welcome you.

For Azeroth !!

Please leave your comment and feedback below.

Thank you!

1 個讚

Well written and a great call to arms!

On alliance, I have decided to create the guild < Divine > and have a discord that anyone who speaks english can join. The discord is as follows: https:// discord .gg/rUtw7x

It is still a work in progress, but I will be updating the channels to allow anyone who speaks english to join, and specific channels only accessible to those who join the guild. The discord will be a main hub of information, from PREBIS spreadsheets, loot distribution spreadsheets, strategies, premades, as well as discord bot channels that you can utilize to request information such as !attendance etc. I understand OP stated that wrath can be the name for alliance, and I am willing to submit to that if a consensus has agreed, but for now I am creating documents/resources under the Divine banner.

Please join the discord if you want to take this topic of discussion further and to further organize our plans for the English speaking community!

Thanks!
Dominion

Yes, if you plan to join our English community on classic WOW TW. Please join this discord. “Divine” is the only sizable English guild on PVP server. We are looking forward to play with more English-speaking player!